Senior Programmer / Technology Project Lead
If you are an experienced developer who enjoys the challenge of leading a talented team while still staying hands-on in the code, come get to know us. We are looking for someone to serve as a lead developer on complex, high-profile projects. The ideal candidate will be a hardcore developer, with a talent for collaborating with other programmers to achieve great things.
You'll be working closely with our president and will likely have contact with the technology teams of our clients on a regular basis. You'll have smart, skilled, experienced developers working with you to build sophisticated websites, web resources, mobile apps and advanced internet applications.
The variety of work will keep you challenged, as well as give you the flexibility to explore innovative solutions.
If possible, please provide code samples; links to GitHub, Bitbucket, etc. are all welcome.Back to Job Listings
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years building dynamic websites of substantial complexity and scope
- Mastery of at least one: PHP, Java, .NET, Node, or Swift/Objective-C
- Mastery of at least two of the following: MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MongoDB or Redis
- Solid experience configuring Apache or NGINX
- Extremely comfortable in a Linux/Unix environment
- Solid experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Project leadership experience
- Must be highly motivated, and ready to develop innovative solutions
The following skills and experience would be valuable, but are not required:
- front-end build tools such as: Webpack, Babel, Gulp or Rollup
- WCAG 2.0 and “Section 508” web accessibility requirements
- AWS (EC, CloudFront and S3)
- popular PHP-based CMS systems such as: Craft, WordPress or Drupal
- development for e-commerce or digital marketing
- User experience design
About Alexander & Tom Digital
We create custom web applications, data-driven websites, mobile applications, and marketing systems to support communication efforts. We are an award-winning team for both our technical innovation and our innovative design. We are a quality-driven company, producing craftsman-like work for the last 15 years. We work for great clients – mostly large high-profile national companies and a few major government agencies. We have a talented team, and the environment is fun and informal. You’ll work closely with our President, our IT Leads, and experienced Developers. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact on your team, and to make truly, valuable contributions to an organization.
How to Apply
If you meet or exceed a job’s criteria, send your résumé and samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.